International Harp Therapy Program – AU
Module 1 to be held virtually in November and December 2020.
Module 2 planned for April 2021 as a workshop.
Included is a comprehensive array of subject areas:
- Psychology/Counseling/Empathic Listening Skills/NLP
- Living Anatomy
- Hospital Etiquette/Infection Control/Clinical Attire, Security and Codes/Self Care
- Introduction to Death and Dying and Palliative Care
- Music Therapy practices for mental health services and rehabilitation,
- Terminology, Principles, Concepts and Applications of Therapeutic Music
- Scientific Developments in Sound Research
- Information on the Complimentary Modalities used in Healthcare Facilities
- Development of Presentation and Business skills as a Therapeutic Musician
- Acoustics/Cymatics and Introduction to the Theories of Resonance
- Music Development – including repertoire, improvisation, composition, balancing energies with sound, and music to be used in your internship
- In-depth Resonance Studies
- Inclusive Attention
- Subtle Energy Work
- Hospice and Palliative Care further training
- Music Development on developing Individualized Resonance-based music for clients and patients and additional repertoire used in therapeutic settings
- Independent study with Supervisor
Students have access to:
- Keynote speakers
- Independent study with supervisor
- Evaluations and mentorship on DVD study and coursework (10 hours)
- Internship Experience
- Downloads to music, research and support materials
1. Students planning to study Module 1 and Module 2 with IHTP-AU are required to submit an application and deposit to the IHTP-AU Affiliate via the Apply page on this website. Once accepted to the program, the student will be invoiced to pay the tuition fees via the payment portal link provided.
Included in the full payment for the module is the workshop fee of US$300. The Modules may also be done as a refresher course. In this instance the US$300 is payable as a separate fee on the payment portal. To receive Continuing Education credits for the Refresher course, the student will be guided to the CEU payment page to request credit.
Schedule of Payments
- Application fee of $100 when you submit your application plus your recording of the Aeolian mode.
- For IHTP-AU, both Modules offered are to be paid for before commencement.
- A student may request a tuition refund of 60% (and withdrawal from the program) within 30 days of payment. No refund requests will be considered after this date.
Videos and Books
The required Creative Harping Video Series DVDs may be purchased separately as DVDs or as streaming video. If you purchase DVDS, consider saving shipping costs by purchasing several DVDs or the entire series at once. Subscribe to the streaming video and save 15% in the price, and no shipping fees!
View the IHTP Reading list for the required and elective texts.
The tuition rate may vary from country to country depending on the cost of facilities but are in keeping with the IHTP Home Office.
Mentor fees will be determined by the affiliate program and paid directly to your mentor in your country’s currency. These mentor fees are included in your tuition however after 15 hours of mentoring, students are required to pay the mentor directly.
Graduates of other therapeutic music programs (OPG)
Music therapists, certified clinical musicians, music-thanatologists, and graduates of other therapeutic music programs who seek IHTP certification pay a one-time fee of AU$2250. The fee covers an audit review of Module 1 through our PDF supplements as well as our Module 2 Resonance Studies (in-person attendance required), mentor fee and Independent Study. Find out more in the Student Handbook.
Room and Board for the Experiential Specialty Modules (ESM)
Note: Tuition does not include room and board, books, travel expenses, special Internship offerings or the International Harp Therapy Professional Development Gatherings.